Friday, February 27, 2009

Nasi goreng vs. Spaghetti

I've been meaning to write this since last night but the internet connection sucked at my place so here I am writing from the office.

I was at this mall for dinner, decided to have a chicken spaghetti in the food court. I ordered the spaghetti and iced tea, and wait for 10 minutes until the waitress came and said that it took at least 20 minutes to prepare the spaghetti. Since my digestive system was not working properly, I decided to change the order into something quicker, nasi goreng. Off course, I talked to the waitress with a not very friendly voice and expression, hoped that he would feel sorry, which I wasn't sure he actually would. Well anyway, the nasi goreng came in 5 minutes, and I started to eat.

That nasi goreng, was the best I've ever had in this city.

I think that maybe in life, we're sometimes given the same circumstance, the same choices, more than just a nasi goreng over a spaghetti. We wanted spaghetti so bad, we hated nasi goreng, but finally what's best is nasi goreng. The thing is, we don't always know which one is nasi goreng, and which one is spaghetti. And we tend to react not very well when we face the nasi goreng.

Lesson is (hopefully) learned last night. Now I'm trying to take thing as it is. Thinking that every disappointment I earned is just another form of nasi goreng. And someday I'll find out that it really is a nasi goreng.

And today, I went to the same place, ordered the spaghetti as I intented last night. And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the worst spaghetti I've ever had. Seriously.

1 comment:

pras said...

Hahaha...