Monday, June 25, 2007

Birthday present (2)

A good friend of mine, Benu, sent me birthday present(s) from chicago:

1. The OC t-shirt
He went to newpoert beach, CA, last month. We were supposed to go there on my bday, but shit happened. I had to cancel my trip, but i went to bali instead. That's close *maksa*
2. Newport Beach postcard
It's enough to make this place a die die must go. hehe.. Thanks to the OC tv series by the way.
3. Peets coffee, 2x@247 grams
Recommended by Oprah. The coffee shop is just couple blocks away from Benu's apartment. Cool. Too bad he's not a coffee person :P Anyway now i can have another decent coffee every morning. It's not instant coffee like n**c**e, so i need to work extra on my morning coffee.
4. Peets coffee's tumbler
Just what i need to replace my old good-day-moccacino tumbler :)

It's kinda funny how i connect to this guy. I've known him since junior high, we were in OSIS (do they still have OSIS nowadays? :P). We also went to the same senior high school. But we never really friends. We just happened to know each other back then.
After finishing college separately, we met again in Gatot Subroto. My office was 2 buildings away from his.
And then after Buka Puasa Bersama in 2005, he's one of my best friend, until now. Although he's now working in one of the world's largest cheese industry Chicago, while i'm doing same old thing in Pondok Indah :P

He used to bring 1 starbucks tumbler to his office so he could fill with moccacino or cappucino from his office's coffee machine, and we share the coffee on the way back home from work. 1 tumbler for 4-5 persons :P But now i realize that it's not easy to fill the tumbler. The coffee machine (like the one i have in my office now) can only give u 1 small aqua cup every time u push the button. So Benu had to do it 3-4 times to fulfill the tumbler. Hahaha.. Good job, bro.

Well, thank u Benu. Happy Birthday to you too. I'll c u around soon, before you continue ur career path in another wonderful country may be? ;)

No comments: